PURE HAIR IS CHRISTCHURCH’S LEADING SUSTAINABLE HAIR SALON. MEET OUR TALENTED TEAM MEMBERS!
Pure Hair stylists and barbers offer extensive experience and knowledge to achieve the swoon-worthy look you’ll love, while nourishing your hair. Our talented team members are passionate about earth-friendly practices, and committed to ensuring our sustainable hair salon offers an incredible and ethical experience.
Pip is Pure Hair’s Salon Founder and Director! Her passion for sustainability and quality hair service is the driving force behind the Pure Hair brand, which Pip established to offer a more natural, environmentally-friendly and sustainable salon to benefit staff and clients alike. With more than 30 years’ experience, Pip has extensive knowledge and experience within the hair industry — from judging hairdressing competitions to launching her own hairdressing training company. As a Master Cutting Stylist and member of the Canterbury Westland New Zealand Association of Registered Hairdressers Inc. Pip has won numerous cut and colour awards, including representing Canterbury/ Westland in Nationals and being second runner-up in the New Zealand World Cup.
- Leave the lather of your shampoo in your hair for 1 minute, then rinse out. Also do the same with your conditioner (can be a bit longer than a minute) and voila! Beautiful hair!
- “If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, recycled or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production.” ~ Pete Seagar
- Use professional products and lock in a weekly treatment to keep your hair in prime condition.
- If your hair is past your shoulders, run some serum through it and braid it each night before bed to prevent any damage whilst sleeping.
- Salons and clients should choose microfibre towels, as they take less energy to wash and dry.
- Maintain your cut with regular trims to avoid that shaggy untidy look!
SALON MANAGER & SENIOR STYLIST
- Only buy products that are in recyclable containers.
Originally from China, Tim has been living in Christchurch for the past 3 years – honing his skills in hair design and barbering, and delivering exceptional style and creativity for our clients. Tim is passionate and skilled in all aspects of barbering and is already being recognised as one to watch – taking out the top spot at the 2018 Regional Hair Stylist of the Year Awards in the “Cut” category!
- If you have damaged hair – from colouring or any other chemical service – it’s important to come in more often for trims to keep your hair healthy.
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. This reduces bed head, split ends and does not rob your hair of moisture — like cotton does!
- Every time you shampoo, massage your scalp for at least 1 minute to stimulate hair growth and enhance the strength of your roots!
Currently in her second year of her apprenticeship, Sami is a highly skilled colourist with exceptional talent for all colour services – from foils to balayage. Before making the move to a career in hairdressing, Sami worked as a qualified beauty therapist for six years, so has many years of experience in a salon environment, and helping clients look – and feel – their best.
Originally from the UK, Sarah is a junior stylist with a flair for colour. Sarah decided on a career in the hair industry after working in the cosmetics retail sector. She loves the ability to be creative with her clients and help them achieve the look they’re after!
- Always use Heat Defence (for example Icon Welder by Evo) when straightening!
- Take care of your hair — it’s the “crown” you wear every day!