Meet our intelligent and awesome team! We have a wide range of stylists from each of our salons!
All very talented and highly capable of making your experience at Pure Hair & Body magnificent and relaxing!
Phillipa is the lady behind Pure Hair and Body, setting up the business to create a more natural, environmentally friendly and sustainable salon to benefit staff and clients alike.
Philippa has extensive knowledge and experience within the hair industry, having been a hairdressing for over 34 years, judging hairdressing competitions, starting her own hairdressing training company, working in retail sales, and as a current member of the Canterbury Westland New Zealand Association of Registered Hairdressers Inc. Pip has won numerous cut and colour awards including representing Canterbury/ Westland in Nationals and being second runner-up in the New Zealand World Cup.
- Leave the lather of your shampoo in your hair for 1 minute, then rinse out. Also do the same with your conditioner (can be a bit longer than a minute) and voila! Beautiful hair!
- “If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, recycled or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production.” Pete Seagar
My passion with hairdressing is the whole experience. I love seeing great results whether they are subtle or extravagant, I love meeting new people and catching up with the same faces! I love seeing the smile on your faces after your new hair and making you feel good about yourself. Book in with me and you won’t be disappointed!
- To keep your hair in prime condition you must use professional products, it is also a good idea to do a treatment once a week.
- If your hair is past your shoulders braid it each night before bed with some serum in it to prevent any damage whilst sleeping.
- Green tip – salons need to use microfibre towels as they take less energy to wash and dry.
- My green tip for hair is to use coconut oil as a leave in overnight treatment once a week. It is great for not only hair but scalp and skin as well. Shampoo and condition as usual and it leaves hair shiny, moisturised and supple.
- My green tip for environment is to only buy products that are in recyclable containers.
Tim has been in New Zealand for the past 3 years, having originally come here from Asia! Tim is passionate about all aspects of hairdressing. If you’d like to give yourself a fresh feel & treat yourself to a relaxing head massage book in with Tim!
- If you have damaged hair – from colouring or any other chemical service you must come in more often for trims to keep the hair healthy!
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillow case.It reduces bed head ,split ends and does not rob your hair of moisture like cotton!
- Every time you shampoo,massage your scalp for at least 1 minute to stimulate hair growth and enhance the strength of your roots!