PURE HAIR IS CHRISTCHURCH’S LEADING SUSTAINABLE HAIR SALON. MEET OUR TALENTED AND BUBBLY TEAM MEMBERS!
Pure Hair stylists and beauty therapists offer extensive experience and knowledge to achieve a swoon-worthy look you’ll love, while nourishing your hair and skin. All of our team members are passionate about earth-friendly practices, and are committed to ensuring our sustainable hair salon offers an incredible and ethical experience.
Pip is Pure Hair’s Salon Owner and Director! Her passion for sustainability and quality hair service is the driving force behind the Pure Hair brand, which Pip established to offer a more natural, environmentally friendly and sustainable salon to benefit staff and clients alike. With more than 34 years’ experience, Pip has extensive knowledge and experience within the hair industry, judging hairdressing competitions, and launching her own hairdressing training company. As a master cutting stylist and current member of the Canterbury Westland New Zealand Association of Registered Hairdressers Inc. Pip has won numerous cut and colour awards, including representing Canterbury/ Westland in Nationals and being second runner-up in the New Zealand World Cup.
- Leave the lather of your shampoo in your hair for 1 minute, then rinse out. Also do the same with your conditioner (can be a bit longer than a minute) and voila! Beautiful hair!
- “If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, recycled or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production.” ~ Pete Seagar
Ella is a fully qualified stylist with five years’ experience in the hairdressing industry. As a third-generation hairdresser who has grown up around salons, hair styling is in her blood! Ella has vast colour experience and expertise, and is our go-to expert for colour corrections.
- Use professional products and lock in a weekly treatment to keep your hair in prime condition.
- If your hair is past your shoulders, run some serum through it and braid it each night before bed to prevent any damage whilst sleeping.
- Salons and clients should choose microfibre towels, as they take less energy to wash and dry.
- Invest in your conscience. Buy ethically sourced, natural, quality products that will serve you and the environment well.
SALON MANAGER & SENIOR STYLIST
- Only buy products that are in recyclable containers.
Originally from China, Tim has been living in Christchurch for the past 3 years – honing his skills in hair design and barbering, and delivering exceptional style and creativity for our clients. Tim is passionate and skilled in all aspects of barbering and is already being recognised as one to watch – taking out the top spot at the 2018 Regional Hair Stylist of the Year Awards in The Cut category.
- If you have damaged hair – from colouring or any other chemical service – it’s important to come in more often for trims to keep the hair healthy.
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. This reduces bed head, split ends and does not rob your hair of moisture like cotton!
- Every time you shampoo, massage your scalp for at least 1 minute to stimulate hair growth and enhance the strength of your roots!
Currently in her second year of her apprenticeship, Sami is a highly skilled colourist with exceptional talent for all colour services – from foils to balayage. Before making the move to a career in hairdressing, Sami worked as a qualified beauty therapist for six years, so has many years of experience in a salon environment, and helping clients look – and feel – their best.
Offering a wealth of experience in hairdressing, extensions and styling, Cara is our go-to for stunning wedding hair services. When she’s not delighting Pure Hair clients with her exceptional styling skills, Cara is busy behind the scenes creating gorgeous custom wigs for her own business, CaraJae.
Molly is our Salon Support all rounder – helping ensure everything runs smoothly for our clients and team members. With six summers of experience in a Salon Support role, Molly helps to keep everything from our stock to our social media ticking along, and loves seeing our clients leave the salon with gorgeous new styles and smiles on their faces.